Using the WinForms Example:
- Left-click to select a Start hex (outlined in red).
- Ctrl-Left-click to select a Goal hex and show best path from start to this Goal.
- Move the mouse to show Field-of-View from this location.
- Select the desired map from the cmbo-box on the toolbar.
- Hover over a hex to display in the status bar:
- Current User (rectangular from upper left) coordinates;
- Current Custom (rectangular from lower left) coordinates ;
- Range as-the-crow-flies of the hover hex from the current hex; and
- Length of the last requested best path.
- Anchor the Field-of-View by toggling Range-Line on, and verify the sight lines.
- Select a landmark to verify hex distances and the heuristic function.
- Toggle direction arrows for the current shortest path.
- Transpose the map to horizontal hex-grain, and back again, with the push of a button.
- WinForms* users: Check out how the example sub-classes MapDisplay<THex> and
HexgridPanel in implementing all this functionality in minimal code.
Notes on Key Algorithms:
Detailed code documentation built with
Doxygen and the dot tool from graphviz is available as a
(approaching 50% complete as of 2013-08-05).